Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick Book Recommendation

If you're looking for some inspiration for your D&D campaign it's hard to go wrong with The Art of Ray Harryhausen.  My (then future) wife gave it to me as a birthday present a couple of years ago, and it has largely served as the inspiration for my Hollow Earth stuff.

As a fan of his movies (particularly 7th Voyage of Sinbad and Jason and the Argonauts) I can't help but wonder at what his unmade works would have been like.  I'm especially intrigued by his adaptation of The People in the Mist and the unmade King of the Genies both of which involve lost worlds with dinosaurs.

5 comments:

  1. I've considered it many a time, but it's always a little more than a want to pay. Dammit, I guess it's time to open the wallet a bit farther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly I got it as a gift, so I can't really speak to the price point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't buy the book, but I have invested countless hours of my life in watching and re-watching his movies, so I guess I must acknowledge the value of Harryhausen's work.

    ReplyDelete