The characters they generated were...
Wolfgang - a retired star marine who spent much of his earlier career worried he had become a terminal lance
Baron Abolone - an incompetent upperclass twit whose mental capacity leaves much to be desired even with his genetically engineered background
and Steve McQueen - a crippled pilot named after the famous Astronomer (who has not yet been born in our timestream and who was himself named after the director, not the actor)
Their ship is the Tutunus. It's vaguely phallic shape was not lost on my players.
Highlights from the session include:
- Accepting a mission from a cobalt-blue skinned noble who desired a large number of "black cylinders" be recovered from one of the moons of the alien controlled world of Diteen.
- Realizing their jump drive made this job they just accepted impossible.
- The introduction of coffee into the metabolism of Ceres' clone-kiosks.
- Training some farmers on Ceres in the manufacture and use of TL 7 firearms in exchange for an upgrade to their jump drive.
- Nearly being attacked by mutant alien pirates, then making a deal with them to get an escort ship in exchange for 3 gallons of human blood (made during the three day travel time within the Diteen system by the players with the help of the medibot)
- Paying the vampire-drugie-mutant-alien pirates to do their job for them, followed by the pirates jumping to the next system over, which happens to be the largest alien pirate base in the subsector.
The players are currently on Diteen's single scout outpost (which lies on an island in a fluid-ocean on the planet, well above the terraformed dome-cities of the alien inhabitants of Diteen) trying to figure out how to get the cylinders from their former "employees." Next Saturday they should have a couple more people to add to their crew.