This session didn't last very long due to my feeling incredibly scatter-brained. Still, some stuff did happen and it needs to be recorded.
Annapurna, Altanian Ranger
Grafari, Skandik Rogue
Ion Skamos, Tiefling Cleric of Set
Green Sonya, Half-Orc Barbarian
Red Hawk, Altanian Fighter
- The party was joined by Green Sonya and Red Hawk as the serpentine creature made its way towards the beach.
- They took several shots at it but the intervening water - it was about 3-4' beneath the surface - made it so that few of their shots had any effect.
- Ion waited to cast thunder wave on it once it cleared the shoreline, but instead the creature raised its head loch-ness style and fired two spells at him. The first was without effect so the Rainbow Warriors are unaware of its potential puissance, but the second was a bolt of lightning which not only struck Ion but Green Sonya and Red Hawk as well!
- Ion collapsed, not dead but dying, and the others retreated after realizing that they could do little while the creature remained in the water.
- As they fled, they saw the being's glittering crown dip beneath the waters of the. Apparently the serpent was satisfied that it had seen them off.
- The warriors returned for Ion, whom Annapurna healed.
- Ion, his memory jogged by the shock of near death, realized that the style of crown the creature wore was that of ancient Orichalcan kings, and that his purple skin and hawkish features too looked like that nearly extinct race.
- Some discussion occurred about potential ways to kill this creature - procuring potions of water breathing or perhaps spells of the same from amiable wizards and attacking it beneath the surface. Poison was considered but Ion remarked that the creature would be immune to most mortal poisons.
- Finally it was decided that further research was needed and that perhaps other avenues of adventure should be pursued until the warriors had more experience under their belts.
Xp Per Player (in either or both sessions)