Uz of Uz as Depicted in the Complex Most Recently Explored by the Party
So I ran Uz again on Friday...
- Once again the party went on two expeditions, the first of which involved capturing slaves. This time the slaves were three humans who apparently had fairly high HD (between 2 and 4) and were operating in the dungeon without torches. They fetched a fair price.
- During the next outing, the party encountered a fearsome nekelmu, though it seemed as scared of they party as they were of it so they both backed off.
- They explored another structure made of that same strange, red rock. It turned out this was a catacomb filled with strange skeletons. Many belonged to children that had their skulls forcibly elongated, but there were also three tombs that contained crystaline-looking plastic skeletons of figures roughly 5'5" in height with completely smooth, elongated craniums.
- One of the PCs was killed by "ghourii" - the mindless ghouls of the undercity - in one of the few deaths that I've felt bad about in a while. She tried to take out this mechanism that was controlling it's mind that she thought would make it more friendly, but it actually just allowed the creature to leave the room.
- After seeing several of the paintings that decorated the catacomb, the players are pretty sure that Uz of Uz was both John Carter of Mars and a space marine.
That's it for now. I also just ran the face to face group through the dungeon, and they seemed to like it a lot. I'll likely be running both groups for it for the foreseeable future.