14th and 15th Days of Midsummer's Eve, 4500 CCC (June 14th)
Annapurna, Altanian Ranger
Red Hawk, Altanian Fighter
Grafari, Skandik Rogue,
Einarr Oddrson, Skandik Paladin of Thor
Ion Skamos, Tiefling Cleric of Set
Green Sonya, Half Orc Barbarian
- Grafari spent his downtime robbing people. He was moderately successful.
- Red Hawk and Annapurna returned to pitfighting - defeating a pair of convicts and a single half-giant champion but losing to a pair of Alryan fighting women. Annapurna unfortunately was branded a heel for using her bow in the fight with the half-giant.
- Green Sonya continued her process of training mice to weave spider silk.
- Ion acted as a street preacher, but found the people of the City State to not be very separate to the doctrines of Set.
- Einarr similarly performed religious rights, though he did so at the temple of Odin. He gained a favor from the temple.
- The party left on the city state with high hopes of finally ending the Son of the Spider God, now that they had both a cleric and a paladin who could do magical damage to the incorporeal creature.
- Their journey was hindered by the presence of many flying snakes in the Dearthwood. The Rainbow Warriors consistently ran away from these, knowing their large numbers and potent venom could mean death for even a powerful warrior.
- Avoiding the snakes caused them to push on through the night and then rest the day of the 15th to avoid further exhaustion. They did this in the culvert they had taken over from the winged apes.
- Finally they were able to make their way to the Halls of the Black Spider in the early evening of the 15th day of Midsummer's Eve.
- They sought out the Black Spider, but were first barred by a ghostly figure (which they defeated) and then by a lesser giant spider (which they avoided).
- Finally they entered the large, cavernous home of the Son of the Spider God.
- The Son seemed to be on the hunt, as it quickly webbed up Einarr who could now only see into the Son of the Spider God's strange, spectral realm.
- However, the rest of the party soon overwhelmed the demigod. Unable to make away with the meal without exposing itself to attacks from the material plane, the creature finally met its end due to sword and spell.
1 Spectre, The Son of the Spider God
The head of a demi-god, 500gp in reward money
XP per Player