- If it's in the 1980 Folio it is canon. I have to think very very hard on something before I change it, and I'll try to remain as close as possible to the original folio while still giving my own spin on things.
- It's the only thing that is canon. I will under no circumstances look at any other Greyhawk products for inspiration. Anything not in the folio must to be invented by myself.
- The only possible exception to this is the Village of Hommlet module which I have and like quite a bit. I might not use it for inspiration, but I might. All other Greyhawk products are off limits though.
- I will be using some other material for inspiration, such as the CSIO and other Judges Guild products.
- If I ever run this I'll use Labyrinth Lord plus the full litany of class and race options from the AEC. However, in building the setting I'll most often be referencing AD&D material such as the DMG, the MM, FF, MMII, and DDG.
This project is designed to give me a nice meat and potatoes fantasy* setting that still has a firm Evan stamp on it. I was a bit worried at first that Greyhawk was a bit too close to my wheelhouse (medieval Europe) but now I'm starting to think that may be a blessing. I'm still not sure which region I'm going to detail first, but it will undoubtedly have a big city in it since I miss city adventures.
More to come soon.