...or Three Eggs in the Hand...
26th Day of the Month of the Yellow Moon Dog 4500 CCC
Annapurna, Altanian Ranger
Grafari, Skandik Rogue
Green Sonya, Half-orc Barbarian
Red Hawk, Altanian Fighter
and the triumphant return of...
Ion Skamos, Tiefling Cleric of Set
- Over downtime Grafari and Red Hawk got the two magical items they picked up last time (a +1 dagger that glows when "sea devils" are near, and an alchemical jug) identified.
- Annapurna returned to pit-fighting in the Cutthroat Inn, where she lost two of her three bouts.
- Green Sonya negotiated a blacksmith to come into the Stone Temple and put a grate over the entrance to the sewer (once it had been cleared).
- There was talk of Ion Skamos looking over the documents they found in the dungeon, but we decided to handle that later.
- The Rainbow Warriors elected to return to the Stone Temple and try to clear it out to turn it into a base of operations.
- Their first task was dealing with the cockatrices they had seen last time.
- Their initial plan relied on Green Sonya fighting them alone, since she had grown bored of their more elaborate plans, but Ion ran in to help her since he (correctly) guessed Set's magic would be effective against these creatures.
- They quickly slew the beasts, with only Green Sonya having a slight stiffness of the joints after receiving a bite, and found that the robes they had used to build their nest were quite valuable and that they had three eggs.
- They placed the eggs in a belt pouch, and then removed the pouch and placed it near the entrance for safe keeping.
- They then returned to the statue room only to be confronted with the misty figures that had let them in the dungeon previously.
- Green Sonya attempted to convince them they were in the cult, but the creatures were wiser this time - knowing that the cult had scattered. Sonya then insisted they wanted to restore the worship of their goddess.
- The creatures were still angry and when it became obvious that they couldn't avoid a fight the party fled the dungeon.
3 fancy robes with moons and anchors (50gp each), 3 cockatrice eggs
XP per player
In other news: I've started running games at my FLGS. Right now it's all people who are new to D&D and they're playing through the same Stone Temple Pirates adventure. Might post their summaries too once I figure out a way to handle the difference instances of the Wilderlands.