Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Calendar of the Dark Country


These are the months and days of the week as understood by the people of the Dark Country. I wanted them for my benefit, but note that I will continue to use our calendar in "translation" because it's clearer, and there are aspects of the Nightwick Calendar that would be confusing if I replaced it. I have included their corresponding feast days (always the first of the month, except for December/Saint Santa Claus.

Primus - March - St Gax
Elders - April - St Simian the Fool
Youngers - May - St Notappearinginthisfilm
Leftember - June - St Twiddle
Quintember - July - St Richard the Prior
Sextember - August - St Ralph the Liar
September - September - St Simon the Wise
Shocktober - October - St Toad
November - November - St Wayne the Pilgrim
December - December - Saint Santa Claus
Undecember - January - The Lady
Duodecember - February - St Valens the Turgid

The days of the week are:


Sunday
Moonday
Lawday
Elderday
Kingsday
Loveday
Devilsday



2 comments:

  1. That’s such beautiful work. Do you do a lot like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the soothing sounds of Ghost.

    I didn't know we had a St Notappearinginthisfilm! Next cleric I play is worshiping him.

    ReplyDelete