- Keep on the Borderlands using only the Basic set. Once you guys get to level 4 we'll bring in the Rules Cyclopedia and see where it goes from there. I'll build the setting as we go.
- Same as above but use The Lost City instead of Keep on the Borderlands.
- An LL/AEC/AD&D game set in the City State of the Invincible Overlord in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy. I'm very familiar with this setting and ran my longest previous campaign using it. It's an old favorite of mine.
- An LL/AEC/AD&D game set in the World of Greyhawk. I've been doing a series of blog posts on how I'd run Greyhawk already and I might as well try it out.
- Theres also Ruins & Ronin which is kinda like Oriental Adventures except for Swords & Wizardry (which is really similar to Labyrinth Lord). It's pretty neat and I've run a few sessions of it.
- I have a setting that uses OD&D called the Underworld which I discussed a bit before. It's basically designed to be every Ray Harryhausen movie shoved together inside the Hollow Earth. You'd probably start off in Ilion which is a pseudo-Greek city in the jungle.
- Finally theres Uz, which I also discussed earlier. It also uses OD&D.
Still not sure what we're going to do yet, and NWA isn't dead forever. There might be avenues I haven't listed above, but that's quite a few to pick from. Updates as they develop.
If I was voting? The underworld campaign. Of course, I'd then beg you to use the Mazes & Minotaurs rules because I'd never played it before. When you say "no" I'd change my mind and say the City State, because I never played in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy before. Of course, this is all just me living vicariously.ReplyDelete